[Dovecot] index location

Dave Brenner david at toledotel.com
Mon Feb 1 23:01:05 EET 2010

On 1/28/2010 6:09 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Hmm. See if adding "alias_for = " for the extra namespaces helps. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll fix those.

Well, I'm finally getting back to my configuration after a few days.
Here's what I've been up to:

I created these namespaces:

namespace private {
   separator = /
   prefix = ~/mail/
   list = no
   hidden = yes
}
namespace private {
   separator = /
   prefix = ~%u/mail/
   alias_for = ~/mail/
   list = no
   hidden = yes
}
namespace private {
   separator = /
   prefix = ~/mail
   alias_for = ~/mail/
   list = no
   hidden = yes
}
namespace private {
   separator = /
   prefix = mail/
   alias_for = ~/mail/
   list = no
   hidden = yes
}

and configured the expire plugin with these mailboxes

  expire = Trash 1 Spam 1

My results with different root paths on the client:

~/mail :

Feb 01 12:27:53 IMAP(blitz): Info: expire: No expiring in mailbox:
~/mail/Trash

~/mail/ :

Feb 01 12:49:04 IMAP(blitz): Info: expire: No expiring in mailbox:
~/mail/Trash

mail/ :

Feb 01 12:39:10 IMAP(blitz): Info: expire: No expiring in mailbox:
mail/Trash

No path:

Feb 01 12:36:10 IMAP(blitz): Info: expire: Mails expire in 4294880896
secs in mailbox: Trash

So, it seems that even with the aliased namespaces, the mailboxes
specified for the expire plugin must match the full path supplied by the
client.  I've tried re-ordering the namespaces, with different ones
being the canonical namespace, to no avail.

Dave