[Dovecot] Forcibly emptying a POP3 mailbox

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Fri Feb 5 02:41:43 EET 2010

Răzvan Sandu put forth on 2/4/2010 5:39 AM:

> I need a way of automatically performing the DELE command at server
> level, just after a POP3 user *succesfully* downloaded his messages via
> POP3...

And this is going to really upset customers who access a single POP account from
a work PC, a home desktop, and a laptop.  Once you implement this, said users
will download all the email onto, say, the work PC, and then not be able to
access the emails from the laptop or home PC.

In my experience, the only (intelligent) users who "leave a copy on the server"
are those with multiple computers and a provider who offers only POP, and not
IMAP or webmail access to the mailbox.

Have you taken this into account?

--
Stan