[Dovecot] wish now I'd not upgraded...

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Mon Feb 15 17:52:45 EET 2010

Timo Sirainen put forth on 2/15/2010 9:26 AM:
> On 15.2.2010, at 17.23, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
>> On 15.2.2010, at 17.15, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>>
>>> One last question on this TB condstore bug:  Does this affect both mbox and
>>> maildir, i.e. it's a pure IMAP protocol handling bug, or is it specific to mbox?
>
> Oh, and: In general, IMAP clients aren't supposed to know what mailbox format the backend is using. The one difference it usually sees between mbox and maildir is that with mbox you can't have a mailbox with messages and child mailboxes (but with some configuration you can get around that too).

Speaking of which, I've tried creating empty imap folders and then creating
subfolders in them.  TB won't allow me to do this with Dovecot mbox accounts.
Shouldn't I be able to do this?  I've tried it with and without
tb-extra-mailbox-sep enabled.  I've read multiple places that tiered mbox imap
folders should be possible, as long as the main folder contains no messages,
only pointers to other mbox files, or "imap sub folders".

Is this a TB limitation, a dovecot limitation, or my knowledge limitation?

Thanks Timo.

--
Stan