[Dovecot] wish now I'd not upgraded...

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Feb 15 17:58:02 EET 2010

On 15.2.2010, at 17.52, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> Speaking of which, I've tried creating empty imap folders and then creating
> subfolders in them.  TB won't allow me to do this with Dovecot mbox accounts.
> Shouldn't I be able to do this?  I've tried it with and without
> tb-extra-mailbox-sep enabled.  I've read multiple places that tiered mbox imap
> folders should be possible, as long as the main folder contains no messages,
> only pointers to other mbox files, or "imap sub folders".
>
> Is this a TB limitation, a dovecot limitation, or my knowledge limitation?

No idea. If you talk IMAP protocol directly, it should go like:

a create foo/

creates a foo directory that can hold child mailboxes

b create bar

creates bar mailbox that can't hold children

c create a/d

creates a that has a d child mailbox

If in doubt, it's usually the client that does something wrong.