[Dovecot] quota problem

Andre Hübner andre.huebner at gmx.de
Tue Feb 16 13:18:16 EET 2010

dovecot 1.0.15

Hello,

i try to set quota settings for my users.
currentyl i use a mysql table for auth process and now i want to add
quotasettings for each individual user.
at the moment i have the problem that only global quota is effective and no
userquota which is stored in usertable.

This is my mysql-usertable:

login varchar(255)
password varchar(64)
home varchar(128)
uid int(11)
gid int(11)
quota_kb varchar(10)
active char(1)

In my main-dovecot.conf i have quota/imap_quota activated for pop/imap and
protocol lda
This is the auth-section which contains passdb/userdb

auth default {
  mechanisms = plain login
  passdb  sql {
      args = /etc/dovecot-sql.conf
  }
  userdb sql {
      args = /etc/dovecot-sql.conf
  }
  user = root
        socket listen {
        client {
        path = /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
        mode = 0660
        user = postfix
        group = postfix
                          }
                }
        socket listen {
                client {
                path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
                mode = 0755
                user = nobody
                            }
                        }
}

SQL-queries in /etc/dovecot-sql.conf (connection itselfs is ok, auth per
mysql is working already)

password_query = SELECT login as user, password, home as userdb_home, uid as
userdb_uid, gid as userdb_gid  FROM mail_users WHERE login = '%u' AND
active='Y'

user_query = SELECT login as user, home, uid, gid,
concat('dirsize:storage=', quota_kb) AS quota FROM mail_users WHERE login =
'%u'

I think there is something missing in my conf but have no idea what it could
be.
I need a little hint please.

Thanks,
Andre