[Dovecot] Virtual POP3 Inbox question

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 18 18:28:14 EET 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-07 at 15:10 +0100, Josephus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble implementing the virtual pop3 inbox solution in
> Dovecot 1.2.x. As the following wiki page describes
> (http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Virtual) one should only set the
> inbox=yes flag for the virtual namespace

Yes.

> which then flattens all
> mailboxes in the realmails/ prefix.

Huh? No..

> In the above example when I set the inbox=yes flag for the virtual
> namespace, the inbox in the realmails/ prefix gets left out for obvious
> reasons.

I think you're misunderstanding/misinterpreting something, but I can't
really think of what..

INBOX is a special mailbox. Setting inbox=yes changes nothing except
where INBOX's location is looked up from. No other mailboxes are
affected. Listing/opening RealMails/INBOX might or might not work,
depending on configuration. But that shouldn't be an issue, since INBOX
is accessed directly as INBOX.