[Dovecot] Courier->Dovecot Migration Issue

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 18 19:07:29 EET 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 11:26 -0500, Tony Rutherford wrote:
> >> Here's a question though.  If the dovecot-uidlist file is deleted (for
> >> whatever reason), it gets rebuilt by Dovecot.  But, how does it get
> >> rebuilt?  It does not appear to generate uids based on the date of
> >> messages...I believe that to be true.  Is there any flag/option in
> >> Dovecot to build the uidlist file based on message date (uids ordered by
> >> date)?
> >>

> > The added mails are ordered by their filename. The filename typically
> > begins with timestamp of when the message was received, so it's
> > practically in the same order as mails were received.
> >

> Yes, unless you're unfortunate enough to be supporting a non-standard legacy message name format based on uuidgen!    I did see the function where it attempts to compare based on the "standard" filename format...but again, unfortunately I have to deal with non-standard as well as the standard format :(

Oh, this was for the above question. I was mixing it up with the other
one. Right, yeah, doesn't look like it's all that great then. But you're
kind of in the minority. :) And this shouldn't be a real problem
typically in any case. Only in the migration case, and the migration
script could be fixed for that.