[Dovecot] Managesieve and Dovecot from ATRPM - Still no luck

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Jan 5 16:42:59 EET 2010

Oli Schacher wrote:
> Hi list
> I'm still trying to get managesieve running on centos x64 with the
> packages from atrpm.  I used the 1.2.9 rpms (also rebuilt with the
> lastet managesieve patches) but I'm always getting the same error when
> trying to compile managesieve:
>
> ./configure  --with-dovecot=/usr/lib64/dovecot/
> --with-dovecot-sieve=/work/dovecot-1.2-sieve-0.1.14

Compiling against installed Dovecot is not possible for ManageSieve as
it needs to link against the Dovecot libraries which are not installed
for Dovecot v1.2 and older.

The configure script should have notified you about this restriction,
but that check is missing. That is now fixed:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-1.2-managesieve/rev/44121a99bf43

So, to resolve your situation point --with-dovecot= to a compiled
Dovecot source tree as explained in the INSTALL/README file.

Regards,

Stephan.