[Dovecot] Cannot get dovecot-sieve to work

Tom Hendrikx tom at whyscream.net
Wed Jan 27 17:52:41 EET 2010

Nick Lunt wrote:

> I don't really get any info in the logs either:

<snip>

> Im sure my .dovecot.sieve is not getting processed but I cannot prove
> it.

Your sieve file will be processed at delivery time, when the MTA (f.i.
postfix) will hand off mail to the dovecot LDA, deliver. Your log file
shows only activity about an IMAP login. This has no use in debugging
your problem.

1. Check your MTA config and see if it calls deliver
2. Send yourself a mail
3. Check MTA logs and see if handing the mail to deliver works as intended
4. Check dovecot logs for activity from deliver.

Regards,
	Tom