[Dovecot] Cannot get dovecot-sieve to work

Nick Lunt nick.lunt at patech-solutions.com
Thu Jan 28 10:50:14 EET 2010

Were using sendmail as the MTA.
I have edited sendmail.cf as documented at
http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sendmail. However this documentation states
the following:

"The following describes how to configure Sendmail to use deliver where
root permission is not granted and Dovecot runs under a single user ID.
It may need some adjustment for more typical setups. Other assumptions
are that Sendmail is configured for virtual hosting and that
local-system mail delivery is not handled by deliver."

Our sendmail  setup is not configured for virtual hosting.

Here is what I have put in sendmail.cf

Mdovecot,       P=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver, F=DFMPhnu9,
                S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, R=EnvToSMTP/HdrFromSMTP,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=deliver -d $u

I restarted both sendmail and dovecot but still my test emails do not
get processed by dovecot/dovecot-sieve. There is nothing in the dovecot
or sendmail logs pointing to dovecot-sieve.

All I want to do is discard mail depending on the subject.

Any help appreciated,
Many thanks
Nick.

signature database 4812 (20100128) __________