[Dovecot] system v. virtual mailboxes, was Re: Thunderbird problem

Frank Cusack frank at cusack.net
Thu Jul 1 09:28:25 EEST 2010

On 6/30/10 6:11 PM -0400 Charles Marcus wrote:
> That's just plain silly. Virtual users are extremely simple to setup, no
> need for MySQL unless you have a bunch.

I agree. I am always in favor of virtual users, it just gives you a lot
more flexibility. I find system users MORE complicated to setup, actually.
You have to worry about system security in addition to IMAP stuff.  You
always have to refactor things down the road and starting off with system
users just makes it more unpleasant.