[Dovecot] system v. virtual mailboxes, was Re: Thunderbird problem

Thu Jul 1 23:02:22 EEST 2010

On 2010-07-01 1:04 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> Charles Marcus put forth on 7/1/2010 6:39 AM:
>> On 2010-06-30 9:03 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>>> Charles Marcus put forth on 6/30/2010 5:11 PM:

>>> So exactly what does this say about the skill level of people who have
>>> implemented, and continue to implement, both solutions, Charles?

>> That they are most likely capable of determining for themselves if/when
>> to use system user and when to use virtual users?
>>
>> I don't get the question...

> Apparently you did get the question because you answered it correctly.
> However, your answer contradicts your "skill level" assertion above.

No... my comment was simply offhand, and not intended to be exhaustively
comprehensive, and you decided to pick nits...

How about:

"It's more a matter of the individuals skill level, what they are used
to, their specific need(s) for the specific situation, what some PHB may
think is needed, and how much leeway said PHB gives you."

There are probably other conditions, so feel free to insert whatever
else you feel may 'complete' it to your satisfaction... ;)

--

Best regards,

Charles