[Dovecot] system v. virtual mailboxes, was Re: Thunderbird problem

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Thu Jul 1 12:01:28 EEST 2010

Steffen Kaiser put forth on 7/1/2010 2:59 AM:

>> It's more a matter of the individuals skill level.
>
> Well, a "system user" setup requires almost no skill of mail-related
> stuff ;-)

Setup? I'd agree--not a lot of skill required.  Managing it afterward?  That
requires mail admin skills, regardless of virtual or system user accounts.  It
requires admin skills if the box is actually managed correctly that is.
Anyone who isn't looking at mail logs or log summaries daily and taking action
on any problems needing attention doesn't count as a mail OP.

--
Stan