[Dovecot] system v. virtual mailboxes, was Re: Thunderbird problem

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Thu Jul 1 12:54:44 EEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 04:01 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> Anyone who isn't looking at mail logs or log summaries daily and taking action
> on any problems needing attention doesn't count as a mail OP.

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've seen todate.
Do you seriously expect ISP admins that may have for instance, 16 front
end SMTP servers, each processing around 1.4 million connects a day, and
accepting around 900K msgs each a day, are going to seriously sift
through each servers logs every day?

I don't think thats going to happen anytime soon