[Dovecot] Upgrade Too 1.2.11 Broke Everything

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jul 1 20:23:32 EEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 18:57 +0200, Marcel Grandemange wrote:
> I have done all sorts of work arounds now to continue operating without it
> by using /var/empty and all that , but now my squirrelmail doesn't work like
> it should anymore.

Uh. You're now using /var/empty, while originally your mails were in
~/mail/? It sounds like you've just kept breaking your setup worse and
worse. Do you have your original configs backed up? I'd suggest starting
again from there.

Looking at the original mails, the only problem I see is:

> user_query = SELECT maildir, concat('/var/mail/',maildir) AS home, 125 AS
> uid, 125 AS gid FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u' AND active = '1'

1) don't return "maildir", it's ignored.

2) The /var/mail/ base dir is most likely wrong, if /var/mail/%u
contained mboxes. So your mail directories exist somewhere else. Find
them. This is why relative home dirs are no longer allowed, who knows
where they are..