[Dovecot] dovecot 1.2.11/ thunderbird 3.1 - moving folders

Andre Hübner andre.huebner at gmx.de
Thu Jul 1 22:25:07 EEST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Timo Sirainen" <tss at iki.fi>
To: "Andre Hübner" <andre.huebner at gmx.de>
Cc: <dovecot at dovecot.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 6:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Dovecot] dovecot 1.2.11/ thunderbird 3.1 - moving folders

> On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 17:37 +0200, Andre Hübner wrote:
>> i create folder1 for subfolders and in folder1 a folder2 for mails.
>> Now i create folder3 on toplevel like just like folder1 for subfolders.
>> Now i drag/dop folder2 to folder3.
>> Thunderbird is moving this folder successful but in folder1/.imap i can
>> still see a folder folder2 which is containing a dovecot.index.log
>> At this point thunderbird shows error-message when i start to delete
>> folder1. It tells:
>> [CANNOT] Mailbox is'nt selectable: folder1.
>> AND
>> [NONEXISTENT] Directory folder1 is'nt empty, can't delete it.
>
> Yeah, it's a bug. Fixed in v2.0 now .. but since v1.2's code is entirely
> different here, I'm not sure if I should bother touching it anymore..

hui, did not expect this is a bug.
is there any workaround for me?
I think a lot of people would be happy if this bug also could be fixed in
1.2 branch.
v2 ist still  beta and as ISP you cant switch to new software within a few
days, and our customers make trouble.
But you are the master.

Thanks,
Andre