[Dovecot] dovecot 1.2.11/ thunderbird 3.1 - moving folders

Brad Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Thu Jul 1 22:53:25 EEST 2010

> >> At this point thunderbird shows error-message when i start to delete
> >> folder1. It tells:
> >> [CANNOT] Mailbox is'nt selectable: folder1.
> >> AND
> >> [NONEXISTENT] Directory folder1 is'nt empty, can't delete it.
> >
> > Yeah, it's a bug. Fixed in v2.0 now .. but since v1.2's code is entirely
> > different here, I'm not sure if I should bother touching it anymore..
> >
> is there any workaround for me?
> I think a lot of people would be happy if this bug also could be fixed in
> 1.2 branch.
> v2 ist still  beta and as ISP you cant switch to new software within a few
> days, and our customers make trouble.

+1, I'd appreciate a patch for 1.2 if it's not a total pain to fix.

I don't see us being able to go to 2.0 until after it's been out of beta for a few months. I hate to see the 'current' branch being deprecated before we have a workable 'stable' alternative to upgrade to. I can see saying no to fixes for 1.0 and 1.1, but there are a fair number of folks that don't feel comfortable running beta releases in production.

-Brad