[Dovecot] system v. virtual mailboxes, was Re: Thunderbird problem

Frank Cusack frank+lists/dovecot at linetwo.net
Sun Jul 4 06:09:09 EEST 2010

On 7/2/10 6:52 PM -0400 Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 2010-07-02 5:13 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>> Charles Marcus put forth on 7/2/2010 10:11 AM:
>>
>>>  # postconf -n | grep delay_warning
>>> delay_warning_time = 15m
>>>  #
> It works for everyone who enables it. What the user *does* with the
> warning is their problem. I don't sympathize with idiots.

Wow, you must hate your job then, if you are an SA.

delay_warning_time is awful for a site of any size above "small".  You
just get confused users / complainers.  I don't agree with Stan on most
things, but in this case I have to go with him; any good SA has the
users wondering what the hell their job is.

-frank