[Dovecot] dsync duplicates messages/crashed if a 'large' number of messages has been deleted

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jul 10 17:58:45 EEST 2010

On 10.7.2010, at 14.46, Matthias Rieber wrote:

>>> dsync-local(mailverwalter): Info: Posteingang: Ignored 178 modseq changes
>>> dsync-local(mailverwalter): Info: Posteingang: Couldn't keep all uids
>>> dsync-local(mailverwalter): Warning: Mailbox changes caused a desync. You may want to run dsync again.
>> Did only one of the sides have changes or did both?
>>
> just one side. It doesn't crash always. If it doesn't crash, all messages in that folder will be duplicated.

The crash is a separate problem from the duplication. I did a couple of fixes though, see if it does something different now?

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/56cf4f6261dd
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/06e4a422aa91