[Dovecot] --with-PACKAGE is not recognized (dovecot 2.0.rc2)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jul 10 21:51:02 EEST 2010

On 10.7.2010, at 19.04, Sven Kirmess wrote:

> When you specify --sysconfdir=C it puts its files under C/dovecot. I
> would expect it to respect my setting and put them directly under C.

Well, dovecot has multiple config files so it needs a directory for them. --sysconfdir=/etc is the normal configure option, and Dovecot really shouldn't use /etc/conf.d/ directory for its configs..

> When you specify --prefix=P it puts its libraries under P/lib/dovecot
> and programs under P/libexec/dovecot.

Yes, because again the typical use case is --prefix=/usr, and Dovecot definitely shouldn't put its plugins to /usr/lib

> I compile all my software to use:
> /etc/opt/dovecot
> /opt/dovecot/bin
> /opt/dovecot/lib
> /opt/dovecot/libexec
> /var/opt/dovecot

Yeah, it's not supported exactly like that. Feel free to play with makefiles and such to get these kinds of paths to work with e.g. --without-package-name or something. If the changes are not too horrible I'll then include it to next version. :)