[Dovecot] Master Users

Ben Watts bwatts at mediaware.com.au
Tue Jul 13 15:48:47 EEST 2010

Greetings,

My company is currently using dovecot with ldap, I am in the process of
migrating this over to Exchange. However, to make the process a lot
smoother I need to make use of the master user function of dovecot to
enable access to other users mailboxes without needing their password.
I've gone through the documentation but it looks like this might not be
possible with an ldap backend.

The wiki isnt exactly crystal clear on where the master user config
needs to go. I've generated a passdb file with an admin user and password.

Any information that would go to help would be very welcome.

Cheers