[Dovecot] Master Users

Andrés Yacopino ayacopino at acasalud.com.ar
Tue Jul 13 16:35:19 EEST 2010

I have an ldap configuration but i have done the same as you.
In dovecot.conf:

 auth_master_user_separator=*
  passdb passwd-file {
    args = /usr/local/etc/passwd.masterusers
    master= yes
  }

I have used this to generate passwd.masterusers file:

htpasswd -b -c -s /usr/local/etc/passwd.masterusers user password

The passwd.masterusers :

admin:{SHA}gfdokoir9ewerre

Then i authenticate using:

user*admin
password of the administration.

Greetings,

Andrés Fernando Yacopino

Infraestructura - Dpto Sistemas

AcaSalud

Cooperativa de Prestaciones Médico Asistenciales Limitada

Tel: 0341-4208755

ayacopino at acasalud.com.ar