[Dovecot] Doveadm director flush/remove

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jul 14 16:58:12 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 01:39 -0700, Brandon Davidson wrote:
> I've got a couple more issues with the doveadm director interface:
>
> 1) If I use "doveadm director remove" to disable a host with active users,
> the director seems to lose track of users mapped to that host.

Yes, that's what it was intended to do.

> I guess I
> would expect it to tear down any active sessions by killing the login
> proxies,

Hmh.. I guess that would be nice, but also a bit annoying to do. It
would require each login process to have a connection to director
process, and currently there's no such connection (except for the notify
fifo, but that's wrong way).

> like I'd done 'doveadm direct add HOSTNAME 0 && doveadm director
> flush HOSTNAME' before removing it?

But that does almost the same thing as remove.

> 2) "doveadm director flush" returns the wrong usage:

Fixed.

> 3) "doveadm director flush" all breaks the ring:

Fixed.