[Dovecot] help on migrating some old Maildirs

Leonardo Rodrigues leolistas at solutti.com.br
Thu Jul 15 00:09:21 EEST 2010

     Hi People,

Em 14/07/2010 17:20, Timo Sirainen escreveu:

>> If he's restoring from an old machine (they're not currently indexed by Dovecot on the new server), they're going to get a new UID when Dovecot finds them anyway, right?
>>
> Yes. But I was thinking he had already moved them and they had already
> got new UIDs :)

     i have NOT restored them yet .... i have restored a few ones just
to test if it would work .... and indeed it works.

     anything that can be done, during the real restoration of them, to
get their 'base filenames' renamed and getting the S= and W= parameters
are completly acceptable, as messages are NOT indexed by dovecot yet.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes at solutti.com.br