[Dovecot] help on migrating some old Maildirs

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jul 14 23:20:35 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 13:12 -0700, Brad Davidson wrote:
> [...]

Yes. But I was thinking he had already moved them and they had already
got new UIDs :)

> If he copied them from the old server into folder/new on the new one, would Dovecot add the S and W flags when it moves them to folder/cur?

No, because that would change the base filename. (Also the base filename
may be exported to POP3 clients as the message UIDL, so it just can't be
changed safely.)

If the messages were delivered to user via deliver, then they would get
new base filenames with the S and W fields.