[Dovecot] Doveadm director flush/remove

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jul 15 01:36:02 EEST 2010

On 14.7.2010, at 23.00, Brad Davidson wrote:

>> Hmh.. I guess that would be nice, but also a bit annoying to do. It
>> would require each login process to have a connection to director
>> process, and currently there's no such connection (except for the notify
>> fifo, but that's wrong way).
>
> Maybe something as simple as killing any login proxies that are talking to the selected backend, or are proxying for users that are mapped to the selected backends? Or maybe the Directors don't know enough to do that?

They don't know enough, and probably won't even haver permissions. In any case probably most login processes have connections to all servers (assuming you don't have *that* many of them), so it would be pretty much equivalent to "killall imap-login".

> I'm thinking like 'doveadm kick' for proxy connections, since who/kick doesn't work on the Director, just backends.

doveadm kick is also a bit evil way to do it when using multiple connections per imap process.

> While I'm making a wishlist... 'doveadm director status <ipaddr>' to show list of users mapped to a host? Or maybe just 'doveadm director status -v' to show list of users instead of just user count.

Not really possible, because director doesn't keep track of usernames, only the hashes of usernames. And a hash list probably wouldn't be very useful.

I suppose it could get a list of all users and then list all users whose hash matches what director has.. Hmm. I guess that would be usable too, yes. :)