[Dovecot] Dinamic 'mail_location' for each user

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jul 15 23:35:23 EEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 17:12 -0300, Thiago Henrique wrote:
> Em Qui, 2010-07-15 às 20:45 +0100, Timo Sirainen escreveu:
> >
> > You mean your userdb is returning a "mail" field that contains those %
> > variables? No, that won't work.
>
> It is important for me to spread the mailboxes inside the partition. Use
> the 'H' modifier for it would be perfect.

But you can do that yourself when storing the path to database. Build a
script that hashes the username path in a way you want, and store that.

> A patch for this would be accepted?

I'm still not sure if you mean what I thought you mean. If you mean that
% variables would be expanded when they're coming out of userdb then no,
it would not be accepted. It would break people's setup who actually
have % characters in paths.