[Dovecot] Dovecot sieve support

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jul 17 02:37:49 EEST 2010

On 17.7.2010, at 0.31, Daniel L. Miller wrote:

>>> or at this time is it going to remain an external patch?
>>>
>> No. It no longer requires patching.
>>

> I think I asked the wrong question.  Make that, "Is Managesieve going to be merged in to the main server source

No.

> (at least the support for it),

Well .. Isn't the support good enough already?

> or at this time is it going to remain an external patch?"

Patch is a wrong word. It's not a patch. But it's an external plugin, and it's going to stay that way. Dovecot's and Pigeonhole's developers are different and they have completely different release schedules. I don't think it would even be a good idea to merge them into same releases. Nowadays with v2.0 it's easy to compile Pigeonhole after installing Dovecot, so I don't even see it as a problem.