[Dovecot] Dovecot sieve support

Bradley Giesbrecht bradley.giesbrecht at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 02:39:28 EEST 2010

On Jul 16, 2010, at 4:37 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

>>> No. It no longer requires patching.
>>>

>> I think I asked the wrong question.  Make that, "Is Managesieve
>> going to be merged in to the main server source
>
> No.
>
>> (at least the support for it),
>
> Well .. Isn't the support good enough already?
>
>> or at this time is it going to remain an external patch?"
>
> Patch is a wrong word. It's not a patch. But it's an external
> plugin, and it's going to stay that way. Dovecot's and Pigeonhole's
> developers are different and they have completely different release
> schedules. I don't think it would even be a good idea to merge them
> into same releases. Nowadays with v2.0 it's easy to compile
> Pigeonhole after installing Dovecot, so I don't even see it as a
> problem.

Daniel may be wanting to know if Dovecot v2 sources have to be patched
to use managesieve as v1 sources do.

I believe I read that Dovecot v2 will not need to be patched to use
Pigeonhole Managesieve.

Does Dovecot v2 need to be patched to use either of the Pigeonhole
sieve or managesieve?

Thanks,
Bradley Giesbrecht