[Dovecot] dovecot director service

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jul 22 14:35:10 EEST 2010

On 22.7.2010, at 11.46, Xavier Pons wrote:

>> Except .. there's no way to actually tell director that a specific port
>> is a doveadm port, not a director port, unless you hardcode it.. Wonder
>> if I should have added some kind of a "type" setting for the listeners..
>>

> Hi,
> this funcionality it's implemented in the actual hg repository?
>
> doveadm director status -a ipDirector1:991

This is.

>  and get:
> doveadm(root): Fatal:  ipDirector1:991 not a compatible director-doveadm socket

Like I said above, there's no way for director to know that you're trying to connect with doveadm instead of director. You'd have to modify the source code to handle port 991 as doveadm connection. I guess there could be a setting..

director_doveadm_port = 991

Kind of annoying, but I guess I could add that.