[Dovecot] Convert plugin

Daniel Luttermann daniel at dlutt.de
Fri Jul 30 01:07:52 EEST 2010

Egbert wrote on 29.07.2010:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to convert users from a sendmail server to a postfix/dovecot
> server. All works fine but one of the last things is to rescue the
> messages in /var/mail/<user> on the old server. This seems very
> straitforward using the convert plugin but with the settings from the
> wiki, nothing happens when the user logs in. Do I need a private
> namespace for this as suggested elsewhere in the wiki?

No hint in the logfile? Maybe a permission problem or Dovecot can't
find any emails? If nothing is logged maybe it helps when you set
"mail_debug=yes" in dovecot.conf?

Btw: it seems that in the upcoming Dovecot 2.0 version there's no
convert plugin available anymore - with 2.0 you can use "dsync" to
convert emails between different mailbox formats.

--
Daniel