[Dovecot] Sieve GUI

Wolfgang.Friebel at desy.de Wolfgang.Friebel at desy.de
Wed Jun 2 15:14:36 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Anton Dollmaier wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> has someone tried this or knows something similar ?
>
> RoundCube in version 0.3 and later supports a plugin system and provides
> actually two different Sieve-plugins, one out of the box, the other one is
> available here:
>
>> http://www.tehinterweb.co.uk/roundcube/#pisieverules
>
> both work and provide a decent GUI with no need to write the sieve-syntax
> directly like the thunderbird-extension.

I have successfully installed avelsieve http://email.uoa.gr/avelsieve/ as
addon to squirrelmail http://squirrelmail.org/ and I have an adapted
websieve http://sourceforge.net/projects/websieve/files/ which was
developed for Cyrus IMAP and had code that prevented working with dovecot.
Both tools provide a web interface that does not require knowledge of the
sieve syntax.

The websieve version is however hacked in a way that it does work in a
Kerberos environment only, i.e. no password dialog but Kerberos auth
instead. It requires the perl modules Authen::Krb5, Mail::IMAPClient,
Net::ManageSieve, Authen::SASL, Authen::SASL::Cyrus and MIME::Base64.
It is not ready for public distribution, but I could make the present code
available if someone is interested.

--
Wolfgang Friebel                   Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Phone/Fax:  +49 33762 77372/216    Platanenallee 6