[Dovecot] 'doveadm who' enhancement request

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jun 3 05:33:45 EEST 2010

On 3.6.2010, at 1.46, Brad Davidson wrote:

> I know I'm trying to shoehorn the director into an infrastructure it's
> not really meant for. A better choice would probably be to bring a new
> dedicated director online in either location, and put those behind the
> load balancer. I wonder if they can stand up to 10k+ concurrent proxied
> connections though?

I'd think so.

Also another thought :) I guess you have now two login services for imap and pop3, one for proxy and one for backend? You could do the same for auth processes and override the other one's settings. Something like:

# disable default auth process for proxy lookups
service auth {
  executable = auth -o passdb/proxy/args=ignore.conf
  unix_listener auth-login {
    mode = 0
  }
}

service auth-proxy {
  unix_listener auth-login {
    user = dovecot
    mode = 0600
  }
}

For the -o setting override to work, you need to name the passdb:

passdb proxy {
  driver = sql
  args = ..
}

The ignore.conf would contain sql query that always returns 0 rows, so that it continues to pam.