[Dovecot] 'doveadm who' enhancement request

Brandon Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Thu Jun 3 07:44:12 EEST 2010

On 6/2/10 7:33 PM, "Timo Sirainen" <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
>> I wonder if they can stand up to 10k+ concurrent proxied
>> connections though?
>
> I'd think so.

I could probably give that a try, but I'll have a hard time convincing folks
to do that until after 2.0 has out of beta for a bit. Maybe after summer
term then... October or so? I can certainly start testing it in advance of
that though.

> Also another thought :) I guess you have now two login services for imap and
> pop3, one for proxy and one for backend?

No, just the one for each right now. I haven't figured out how to do that
yet ;) Just multiple imap-login/pop3-login blocks with different
inet_listener addresses?

> You could do the same for auth
> processes and override the other one's settings. Something like:
>
> # disable default auth process for proxy lookups
> service auth {
>   executable = auth -o passdb/proxy/args=ignore.conf
>   unix_listener auth-login {
>     mode = 0
>   }
> }
>
> service auth-proxy {
>   unix_listener auth-login {
>     user = dovecot
>     mode = 0600
>   }
> }

How do I tell different login services to use different auth backends? Is it
the first argument to the login process executable? So like:

service imap-login {
  executable = imap-login auth-proxy
  inet_listener imaps {
    address = 1.2.3.4
  }
}

I'm still trying to grok what all the different config bits mean and imply.

-Brad