[Dovecot] Auto forward virtual users mail using Sieve

Julian Baker julian at flatearth.co.uk
Thu Jun 3 23:34:17 EEST 2010

Hi All

I'm trying to configure Dovecot to automatically forward mail to
another account without the virtual user having to log-in first to
Roundcube web mail. These are virtual users with no log-in to the
server only Roundcube's web interface The situation is that I have two
domains only who want to receive email at their domains, get a
forwarded copy at their hotmail account, then log-in to Roundcube to
reply.

  A Sieve script running in Dovecot seems the way to go, but the finer
points of configuration have failed me.

I got as far as

1) /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
Adding:
protocol lda {
	mail_plugins = cmusieve
	mail_plugin_dir = /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lda
}

2) /var/vmail/___domain___/___user___/.dovecot.sieve
Created the .dovecot.sieve file in the domain/user directory and added:
require
["fileinto
","reject","vacation","imapflags","relational","regex","notify"];
# Resend a copy of the message to another address
#
if true {
	redirect "julian at flatearth.co.uk";
}

Which doesn't seem to have broken anything. Or worked.

I'm assuming  that as   /var/vmail/___domain___/___user___/   is their
virtual user home/mail spool the '.dovecot.sieve' file will get picked
up.

It seems that Dovecot isn't configured to use send via Deliver ? My
conf is pasted before

(Exim handles regular domain email forwarding mail for a bunch of
virtual domains to pop accounts.)

TIA
Julian

dovecot --version
1.0.rc15

ovecot -n
# /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
protocols: imap imaps pop3
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable(default): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(imap): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(pop3): /usr/lib/dovecot/pop3-login
login_process_size: 64
verbose_proctitle: yes
first_valid_uid: 102
first_valid_gid: 104
mail_privileged_group: Debian-exim
mail_location: maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%n/
mbox_write_locks: fcntl
mail_executable(default): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(imap): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(pop3): /usr/lib/dovecot/pop3
mail_plugin_dir(default): /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/imap
mail_plugin_dir(imap): /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/imap
mail_plugin_dir(pop3): /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/pop3
imap_client_workarounds(default): delay-newmail outlook-idle netscape-
eoh tb-extra-mailbox-sep
imap_client_workarounds(imap): delay-newmail outlook-idle netscape-eoh
tb-extra-mailbox-sep
imap_client_workarounds(pop3): outlook-idle
namespace:
   type: private
   separator: .
   prefix: INBOX.
   inbox: yes
namespace:
   type: private
   separator: .
   inbox: yes
   hidden: yes
auth default:
   verbose: yes
   debug: yes
   passdb:
     driver: sql
     args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
   userdb:
     driver: prefetch
     args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf

Roundcube v0.3.0

F L A T   E A R T H   I N D U S T R I E S  L T D

Julian Baker  -  Email: julian at flatearth.co.uk  -  AIM: juliobesq
Phone: +44 (0)20 7916 4801  -  Mobile: +44 (0)7961 307879
124 Agar Grove, London NW1 9TY, UK  -  www.flatearth.co.uk

· DESIGN FOR PIXELS · PRINTING BY HAND ·

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message.
If you are not the intended addressee you should destroy this message
& kindly notify the sender by reply email. Opinions, conclusions & other
information in this message that do not relate to the official
business of
Flat Earth shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.