[Dovecot] Auto forward virtual users mail using Sieve

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Fri Jun 4 02:20:39 EEST 2010

Julian Baker put forth on 6/3/2010 3:34 PM:
> Hi All
>
> I'm trying to configure Dovecot to automatically forward mail to another
> account without the virtual user having to log-in first to Roundcube web
> mail. These are virtual users with no log-in to the server only
> Roundcube's web interface The situation is that I have two domains only
> who want to receive email at their domains, get a forwarded copy at
> their hotmail account, then log-in to Roundcube to reply.

Your MTA (Exim in this case, it seems) must already be aware of these virtual
user addresses since it accepts mail for them.  Adding a BCC to your MTA
config for these virtual users is the proper way to do this, not a sieve
script.  Not sure about Exim, but it's brain dead simple to do this with
Postfix' recipient_bcc_maps.  Since this occurs at the MTA level, users don't
have to be logged in and it's fully automatic.  It's not a 'forward' but an
automatic blind carbon copy to the specified address.

--
Stan