[Dovecot] Ubuntu upgrade to 10.04 --> dovecot no longer working

HenkR henk at van-roon-goderie.nl
Mon Jun 14 16:41:16 EEST 2010

Hi,

Last year I installed dovecot on my Ubuntu V9 system 64 bit system. I use it
to store emails from several clients in the LAN using IMAP.

Last week I upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04. Now Dovecot is no longer working. It
started with messages about sieve, so I disabled sieve in the configuration
file (did not use it in the past, don't know what it is).

Dovecot can now be started without errors or warnings, but I cannot connect
in the client. I get a message saying "could not connect to server:
connection refused".

Can anybody help?

kind regards,
Henk