[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.1.x and 1.2.x differencies

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Tue Jun 15 13:35:09 EEST 2010

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 11:05:51 +0300
Veiko Kukk <veiko.kukk at ekp.ee> articulated:

> On 06/14/2010 04:41 PM, Charles Marcus wrote:
> > Isn't it enough to know that 1.2 is the current *stable* branch?
>
> I prefer "don't fix if it isn't broken" philosophy.

A true conservative.

Our ancestors use to feel that a sharpened rock was a cool tool for
cutting. Then they found that by attaching a handle to it they could
also use it as a weapon. From there a natural progression continued.

Sarcasm aside, you obviously must be aware that further development on
the 1.1 branch is effectively dead. As long as you are content and not
in need of the advances brought forth by the newer 1.2 and soon 2.x
line of Dovecot, then all is well in your world.

Since you did not give a detailed outline of your network, it is
impossible for anyone else to make a sufficiently knowledgeable
assessment for you.

--
Jerry ✌
Dovecot.user at seibercom.net

Conversation, n.:
	A vocal competition in which the one who is catching his breath
	is called the listener.