[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.1.x and 1.2.x differencies

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 15 18:30:06 EEST 2010

Quoting Veiko Kukk <veiko.kukk at ekp.ee>:

> I prefer "don't fix if it isn't broken" philosophy.

Reasonable, as long as the version you are running is still supported...

> I don't see that 1.2 is stable enought from what I have read from
> this list and Changelog.

Some versions are, some are not... I've been running 1.2.11 and found it
stable...

> From reading changelog (http://www.dovecot.org/doc/NEWS), I did not
> find functional improvement to justify switching to 1.2 instead of
> keeping really stable 1.1.

I did (shared folders), but your usage case may be different.  I upgraded
only to get shared folders.  Otherwise, I'd have had no reason either...
Your millage may vary...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics