[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.1.x and 1.2.x differencies

Tue Jun 15 20:44:36 EEST 2010

On 2010-06-15 1:26 PM, Phil Howard wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 11:30, Eric Rostetter <rostetter at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
>> Quoting Veiko Kukk <veiko.kukk at ekp.ee>:
>>> I prefer "don't fix if it isn't broken" philosophy.

>> Reasonable, as long as the version you are running is still
>> supported...

> And if it isn't, you should upgrade. But when? Immediately? Or later
> when an issue crops up (since you'd likely have to change something,
> then, anyway).

I *always* wait at least a few days, if not a week or two *after* an
update is available before upgrading, monitoring the support list for
any gotchas... but... I always do update as soon as practicable.

Waiting almost always keeps me from any major bugs from new packages
(one exception was a minor update to mailman that changed directory
locations), and still lets me stay up to date with the latest stable
releases.

--

Best regards,

Charles