[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.1.x and 1.2.x differencies

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Wed Jun 16 18:56:02 EEST 2010

Charles Marcus put forth on 6/16/2010 7:18 AM:
> On 2010-06-16 7:56 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>> For this last minor bug, I was a one percenter, had the right
>> combination--slow hardware plus mbox storage and full text
>> searches on very large mbox files.
>
> Right, now I remember...
>
> So, its working well for you now I presume (since you're still here)?

Has been since 1.2.11 and even more so since Timo suggested I try
mbox_very_dirty_syncs.  That made a huge difference WRT the 10k+ mboxen, not
search specifically, but just general access after new mail arrival, etc.
1.0.15 worked well also.  It was just 1.2.10 that caused problems.

--
Stan