[Dovecot] Thunderbird very slow startup, 1.2.11, mbox, postfix local delivery to /var/mail

Mon May 10 17:31:47 EEST 2010

On 2010-05-10 9:44 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> Charles Marcus put forth on 5/10/2010 8:26 AM:
>> Also, for Tools > Account Settings > Synchronization & Storage,
>> have you told TBird to delete any messages under the 'To recover
>> disk space ...' section?

> I don't sync messages, so this setting is ignored.

Are you sure (I'm sincerely asking as I don't know)?

Hmmm... Ok, I just re-read the message where you said that you keep your
Inbox small (rarely has more than a few hundred messages in it), so what
I was thinking - if you have a large number of messages in your Inbox,
maybe it is having to parse all of them each time you access the Inbox
to see what messages might need to be deleted - was totally irrelevant.

The only other thing I can think of now is:

> AFAIK, the only difference between the two scenarios is that new
> messages are stored in /var/mail and already existing messages are
> stored in /home/stan/mail.

Maybe its a filesystem issue - what filesystems are used for /var/mail
and /home/stan/mail?

--

Best regards,

Charles