[Dovecot] Thunderbird very slow startup, 1.2.11, mbox, postfix local delivery to /var/mail

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat May 22 11:47:12 EEST 2010

On 9.5.2010, at 9.54, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> It's frustrating trying to solve this, to say the least. :(  I don't have
> enough in depth knowledge of either application to figure this out on my
> own.  It seems the only way to communicate with the Tbird devs is via bug
> reports.  I can't really file a Tbird bug report as I just don't have enough
> information available to file one that they can do anything with.

If you didn't solve it yet .. the way I normally try to figure out why something is taking 100% CPU load is attaching gdb to the process and getting a backtrace. I don't know if there's an easy way to do that with Windows, but if you can manage to do that a few times for a build with debug symbols enabled, it could be enough for developers to figure out what the problem is.