[Dovecot] question about rpc quota reporting 1.2.11

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri May 28 18:53:36 EEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 09:10 -0700, Tom Lieuallen wrote:
> I'm getting the same type of error with the quota2 line now:
>    open(/nfs/rack/u4/quotas) failed: Permission denied
>
> Since the home directory quota worked without the plugin configuration,
> my guess is that the plugin config is not using rpc.  I can't find any
> way to force it to use rpc.  Again, if I make that 'quotas' file world
> readable (which I believe isn't good practice), dovecot stops complaining.

Dovecot first finds the mountpoint and then gets its filesystem. If it's
nfs, it uses rquota, otherwise local quota. You could enable
mail_debug=yes and see what mountpoints Dovecot finds and then see if
their type is nfs or something else. Also this would make checking the
type (correctly) even easier:
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/eaba4cfeaa44