[Dovecot] Is Dovecot Director stable for production??

Aliet Santiesteban Sifontes alietsantiesteban at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 00:50:47 EET 2010

Ok, I answer to my self what I did:

In /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

protocols = imap pop3 lmtp sieve

In /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-auth.con

disable_plaintext_auth = no

Removed comment to
!include auth-static.conf.ext

In /etc/dovecot/conf.d/auth-static.conf.ext

passdb {
  driver = static
  args = proxy=y nopassword=y
}

In /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-master.conf to fix perms

service auth {
    mode = 0600
    user = dovecot

In /etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-lmtp.conf

lmtp_proxy = yes

In /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-director.conf

director_servers = 172.29.9.25 172.29.9.26

director_mail_servers = 172.29.9.10 172.29.9.11

director_user_expire = 15 min

service director {
  unix_listener login/director {
    mode = 0666
  }
  fifo_listener login/proxy-notify {
    mode = 0666
  }
  unix_listener director-userdb {
    mode = 0600
  }
  inet_listener {
    port = 4000
  }
}

service imap-login {
  executable = imap-login director
}
service pop3-login {
  executable = pop3-login director
}

# Enable director for LMTP proxying:
protocol lmtp {
  auth_socket_path = director-userdb
  passdb {
    driver = static
    args = proxy=y nopassword=y port=24
  }
}

Both backend configured and working using ldap, with this director config is
working but I still have a problem...
if I run command

doveadm director map I get

user                                              mail server ip expire time
<unknown>                                         172.29.9.11    2010-11-13
17:43:31

lmtp, imap and pop director working but in the list the user appears as
unknown, how tofix this??
any ideas??