[Dovecot] Force index 2.04

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 4 23:07:17 EEST 2010

On 4.10.2010, at 20.58, Henrique Fernandes wrote:

> First is, is there any command to rebuild index files in dovecot ?

There's a command that is intended to fix index files: doveadm force-rsync. But if your idea was to optimize the initial access it won't help. That's because the main benefits come from the cached fields in dovecot.index.cache file. But it depends on the client what fields it wants cached. You could of course guess some common fields and pre-cache those, like maybe:

doveadm fetch -A 'imap.envelope imap.bodystructure size.virtual date.received' '*' > /dev/null

> And i need to force a  initial squat build, need comand for it also.

doveadm search -A body asdf

BTW. Have you tried how well Squat works? I'm not happy with its indexing speed.

> It is
> about 5 thousands accounts. Its prefere have this built in dovecot than run
> a script that log in every sing account to make dovecot index the files, and
> after it make a small search to make initial squat also.

That's basically what the above commands do, although with less scripting.