[Dovecot] maildir-dbox hybrid

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Oct 20 16:54:02 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 16:34 +0300, Luben Karavelov wrote:
> I have tried the patch with a single dbox and it works. But when I try
> access it via POP3 I get this error:
>
> MAIL=dbox:/var/www/210870/mail/156897-dbox /usr/lib/dovecot/pop3
> pop3(areonfresh): Error: Getting size of message UID=2428 failed
> -ERR [IN-USE] Couldn't sync mailbox.
>
> With IMAP there is no such a problem. This is offline machine, just for
> test, so nobody is accessing
> the mail. I have seen such a messages on other boxes also. How could I
> clean this type of errors?

Does it matter since it works with imap? The idea was to just select all
mailboxes once to get the mails converted, doesn't matter if it's done
with imap or pop3. You shouldn't use that binary for real clients,
because it keeps writing to each dbox file all the time, making the
performance just horrible.