[Dovecot] service(imap-login): chiled ... killed with signal 11

Burckhard Schmidt bschmidt at cms.hu-berlin.de
Wed Sep 22 19:15:40 EEST 2010

Hi,

dovecot 2.0.3
After closing the imap(s) connection dovecot crashes:

imap-login: Info: Aborted login (no auth attempts): rip=... lip=... mpid=0
master: Error: service(imap-login): child 18636 killed with signal 11
(core not dumped - set service imap-login { drop_priv_before_exec=yes })
  master: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=18643 uid=0 code=kill)

It also happens if I only telnet to the imap(s) port and give the only
command "1 logout".

How can I get a dump for backtracing? With drop_priv_before_exec=yes I
get a config error:
doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file
/usr/dovecot/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf: service(imap-login):
drop_priv_before_exec=yes can't be used with chroot

As user I can login and work normaly but I have to reconnect after a
differnet connection will be closed causing a dovecot crash.

Additional information:
Solaris 10, packages openssl, openldap by opencsw

I had seen a similar error during login process already with an
rc-version. Because opencsw offers only an older version of openssl I
installed current versions of openssl and openldap, So it works again.
Now both packaged are up to date at opencsw. So I would like using these
packages again when I install dovecot.
Any hints?

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen --- Burckhard Schmidt