[Dovecot] service(imap-login): chiled ... killed with signal 11

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Sep 22 19:24:44 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 18:15 +0200, Burckhard Schmidt wrote:

> It also happens if I only telnet to the imap(s) port and give the only
> command "1 logout".

Then it should be easy:

1. telnet localhost 143
2. gdb .../dovecot/imap-login <pid of imap-login process>
cont
3. logout to make it crash
4. gdb: bt full

> How can I get a dump for backtracing? With drop_priv_before_exec=yes I
> get a config error:
> doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file
> /usr/dovecot/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf: service(imap-login):
> drop_priv_before_exec=yes can't be used with chroot

You need to also set inside the service "chroot=" to disable chrooting.
Also for imap-login to produce core files you need to set "executable =
imap-login -D".