[Dovecot] Unsubscribing from public folders

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Sep 23 00:00:45 EEST 2010

On 22.9.2010, at 20.42, aditsu wrote:

> Good questions. Now I notice that it was added at the end (after
> resubscribing) as "Public-NIB/archive.older", but there's no other "/"
> appearing in the file!
> Other folders look like "Public-NIB.archive.2010a" or "INBOX.office" etc. I
> assume that folder originally had a "." instead of the "/" too.
>
> If you want to know more history, I first used courier-imap, and later
> converted to dovecot 1.1, and even later to 1.2. I guess dovecot 1.1 was
> more lenient?

I think what happened was that you switched namespace separator from "." to "/", which then caused these prefixes to change in subscriptions file from Public-NIB.* to Public-NIB/*. It's actually kind of an accident that those Public-NIB.* entries in the subscriptions file even work.. It wasn't intended to work that way. Subscriptions for subscriptions=no namespaces are handled in a bit kludgy way. So, this isn't really a bug. :) Maybe some day in future separator changes can be handled better for subscriptions=no namespaces..